+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Lynat Guest

    How Do I Cut A Photo Out

    I have a picture of my daughter that I want to cut out of a .jpeg photo and use in a layout. I thought I asked this once before but I can't find the question or answer so I'm asking again.....is this how I do it?

    Use the magnetic lasso tool and when i am finished, what do I save it as? I'm thinking .png but I did that yesterday and today when I come back to work on it again, the background is white. Should I have started with a transparent background?


    HELP PLEASE!!!! Can someone give me the steps. I think I sort of had them in my mind but either got them confused or left out a few. Thanks for any help you guys can give me!
    Lynita

  2. artsygranny Guest

    Lynat, yes, you start with a transparent background behind your photo. Then use the lasso tool to cut it out. Save as a png.

    Tip, don't delete the one you did yesterday. Put it over a transparent background and check for stray pixels. Then, you should be able to use the magic wand tool to select the white area. Once it is selected, hit delete, and all your hard work from yesterday is now on a transparent background for saving as a png.

    Hope this helps.

  3. Lynat Guest

    Carol,
    Yes, you were very helpful! I got it done. I used the Nutcracker kit from Scrapgirls. We love the Nutcracker but are so tired and am so glad that it is over for this year!

    Here is what I have done.............hope to get better now that I've done it once! And as always, thank you for your help!
    Lynita

  4. Lynat Guest

    Cutting out photo

    Oops, My image didn't follow.....you can see it was 3 something this morning. No telling what I really did!

    Here's the link: https://raspberryroaddesigns.net/....php?photo=519

  5. artsygranny Guest

    Lynat, you have a beautiful daughter! I love the layout.

  6. Lynat Guest

    Thanks Carol! That is my oldest. Our youngest took ballet also but she said putting her hair in a bun made her hurt from the top of her head to the bottom of her toes.......Thank you again!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts